HVAC Design For IAQ
Use an Air Flow Measurement Station (AFMS) to ensure optimal fresh air ventilation across all airflow rates.
Zone level alerts.
2. Energy Recovery
Exhaust stale building air while recovering energy.
Options include; Rotary wheel, fixed plate exchangers, heat pipe systems, and pumped run-around.
Pre-Filters – Initial Stage Media, Various Efficiencies.
Advanced Filters – High Efficiency Media, Activated Carbon.
4. Coil Treatment
Protective coatings and/or special materials to limit microbial growth.
UVC for surface treatment of coil and condensate pan.
Cooling coil provides primary humidity removal.
Re-heat options to avoid over cooling are available.
Run-around, precooling, reheating systems.
Technologies for increasing and maintaining healthy levels of humidity; steam, adiabatic / evaporative, and atomizing.
7. Final Filtration
Added stage of protection in the AHU, up to 99.99 (HEPA).
8. Sterilization / Purification
Application of advanced technologies for air treatment of biologicals, chemicals, smoke, and/or odors.
We can improve the Indoor Air Quality in our homes, schools, and workplaces. Optimal temperature and humidity, adequate filtration, and proper ventilation are all proven solutions to improve indoor air.
Best for Users of BlueBeam
Zone Level IAQ Measures
• Room pressure controls for critical spaces.
• Localized humidifiers – electronic, steam, atomizing technologies with or without blowers.
• Filtration at air outlets (critical zones)
• CO2, occupancy, and others sensors enable smart buildings
• HVLS fans increase circulation for proper air changes, increased air movement enhances occupant comfort
AHU Design Tips
- Quantity and size of fans
- Electrofin coated (UV resistant) coils
- UV light downstream of cooling coil
- Wash down construction with floor drains in each section
- Moisture eliminating OA pre-filter (Califog or equal)
- Airflow and humidity measurement
- Empty filter section for future HEPA or Carbon application
- Wash down liner
- Welded filter frames with positive seal
- Oversized drain pans
A manufacturer of critical environment airflow monitoring and control systems for the medical, laboratory, and life science community.
Steam-O-Vap products offer the best indoor air quality with proper humidity, in order to improve health and living conditions for all building occupants.
Products off the best indoor air quality with proper humidity, in order to improve health and living conditions for all building occup
Builds and designs airflow measurement products that provide accurate, repeatable, and reliable solutions for today’s high-performance buildings.
Ultraviolet products help create cleaner, safer, and healthier indoor air quality through advanced technologies.
A premium manufacturer of custom air handling, Air cooled, and evaporative cooled roof top DX units, Indirect and Direct Evaporative Cooling and energy recovery systems.
Dunham-Bush is a pioneer in the air conditioning industry, with over 100 years manufacturing experience and successful installations of rotary screw compressor chillers around the world.
AAON is a world leader in creating comfortable and healthy indoor environments, efficiently, through the manufacture of premium HVAC equipment.
Scott Springfield provides flexible solutions. Designing reliable, safe, and energy efficient air handling packages. for hospitals, medical laboratories, and institutional facilities.
VTS is a manufacturer of high-tech devices for the HVAC industry, offering the highest standard of equipment, service, low prices, and the shortest delivery time on the market.